We put lots of miles on vehicles as photographers, filmmakers, dog and equine competitors and have spent many night in hotels. Here's an alphabetized list of hotel chains where dogs are welcome. Please make sure to call ahead and check for the availability of a pet-friendly room before you arrive.
- Best Western: More than 1,600 Best Western properties across the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean accommodate dogs. Pet-friendly locations allow up to two dogs, with a maximum size of 80 pounds per dog, in each room. Some properties charge $30 per day (maximum $150 per week) for each room with a pet. Additionally, there may be a refundable damage deposit of up to $150 per stay.
- Choice Hotels: More than 2,500 Choice Hotels (Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, Clarion, MainStay Suites, Suburban, EconoLodge, and Rodeway Inn) are pet-friendly. Choice boasts many dog-friendly hotels in some of the most "dog-friendly cities" across the country.
- DoubleTree by Hilton: More than 120 DoubleTree properties allow dogs, with a maximum non-refundable fee of $75 per room. The chain recommends calling ahead to make sure a pet-friendly room is available.
- Extended Stay America: Dogs are welcome at Extended Stay America properties. However, pets can be no longer than 36 inches and no taller than 36 inches (larger dogs require the property manager's approval). Two pets are allowed per suite with a $25 (+ tax) per day, per pet non-refundable cleaning fee for the first month (not to exceed $150 + tax per pet), payable the first night of your stay and charged at check-in. Each month after that is a $10 non-refundable fee (+ tax) per day for the first five days of each month (not to exceed $50 + tax per month, per pet). Bringing more than two pets also requires the property manager's approval.
- Four Seasons: Many Four Seasons properties offer accommodations for dogs at no extra charge. For example, Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills provides in-room amenities, including pet treats, bowls filled with Evian water, and a luxurious pet bed. The Four Seasons Chicago also provides these amenities free of charge, but only for pets under 30 pounds. Many properties have a unique dining menu for dogs and grooming and walking services available for an additional fee through the concierge. Check with each hotel to find out if they accept pets and what services are offered.
- Hampton Inn: Most Hampton Inn properties do allow dogs. The number of pets, size of pets allowed, and fees may vary and are at each hotel's discretion. (Service animals are always allowed.) Although some properties have many pet-friendly rooms, pets cannot be left unattended in them. Hotels are allowed to charge for any damage caused by an animal kept on the property (this is for damage only — it is not a "pet fee").
- Home2Suites by Hilton: Hilton's Home2Suites is overall pet-friendly and limits pets to two per suite with a maximum weight limit that varies by hotel. Check your particular hotel's website for pet fees and size limits. Dogs must be kept on a leash or in a carrier when in public areas of the hotel.
- Kimpton Hotels: Kimpton boutique hotels offer pets of all sorts and sizes to stay in their rooms. Not only is their check-in no-fuss, but they have pet goodies, including plush pet-bed loaners in your guest room, food, water bowls, and mats. Plus, there may even be a Director of Pet Relations there to greet you and help you with all your pet's needs.
- Marriott: Marriott offers more than 1,500 dog-friendly locations across the United States through many hotel brands (Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Delta Hotels and Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, TownePlace Suites, and more). Check directly with the individual properties to find out the pet fee, weight, and breed restrictions. Each pet-friendly hotel offers a range of amenities designed to accommodate pet owners.
- Motel 6: All Motel 6 locations are pet-friendly. There is no pet fee, and Motel 6 does not have weight limits on Pets. Motel 6 allows two pets per room.
- The Peninsula Hotels: Many Peninsula properties allow travelers to bring their dogs. Some properties allow a maximum of two pets for a fee of $35–75 per pet. In addition, some hotels will provide food and water bowls and a luxurious dog bed. Each property has its policies — check with the individual hotel first when you book.
- Red Roof: All Red Roof locations are pet-friendly, and most allow one dog or cat to stay free per guestroom. Management discretion, additional pets may be allowed to stay free of charge. At Red Roof Inn and Red Roof PLUS+ locations, the pet weight limit is 80 pounds. At The Red Collection locations, the pet weight limit is 40 pounds.
- The Ritz-Carlton: Many Ritz-Carlton properties are dog-friendly, but size requirements, fees, and amenities vary. For example, the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel offers a dog-friendly menu to its canine guests and charges only a $50 per night boarding fee. Pets must be leashed or held in arms in all common resort areas and are not allowed in the hotel's restaurants, bars, fitness center and spa, pool areas, or the Club Level Lounge. The Ritz-Carlton, Washington D.C. provides plush dog beds, dog bowls, and healthy, all-natural dog treats and charges a $125 non-refundable dog cleaning fee per stay, in addition to a $50 nightly dog boarding fee. Dogs must weigh 40 pounds or less or be leashed or held in arms at all times.
- Staypineapple: All Staypineapple properties are dog-friendly and feature perks such as a treat tin, water bowl, walk-friendly waste bags, and a dog bed for use during the guests' stay. There are no height or weight restrictions on pets, but the hotels charge a $25 nightly fee. Dogs may be kept in the room while owners are out exploring, provided they do not disturb other guests with barking or howling, in this case, additional charges may be incurred.
- Westin: There are 165 dog-friendly properties within the Westin brand, although terms may vary from one hotel to another, including weight restrictions and whether a nightly fee is charged. Guests receive a welcome kit including food and water bowls, an in-room sign, and the canine version of the Heavenly Bed. Owners must sign a waiver at check-in and will be held responsible for excessive damage or cleaning.
Extended stay hotels that may allow your dog
- Candlewood Suites: All Candlewood Suites are pet-friendly. Every suite has a full kitchen stocked with utensils and appliances. There is free guest laundry, ample workspace, and a fully equipped gym. Pets up to 80 lbs welcome. Fee: Six nights up to $75. Seven + nights up to $150.
- Extended Stay America: Designed for business travelers and value-conscious consumers - perfect for relocation, long-term assignments, temporary housing, and leisure travel. Enjoy full kitchens, wireless Internet, ample workspace, and on-site laundry - all at a great price. Pet Policy - A maximum of two pets are allowed in each suite. There is a $25 (+ tax) per day, per pet, non-refundable cleaning fee for the first month (not to exceed $150 + tax per pet. Each month after that is a $10 non-refundable fee (+tax) per day for the first five days of each month (not to exceed $50 + tax per month, per pet). Service animals will be exempt from this charge. Size restrictions apply: pets can be no longer than 36 inches and no taller than 36 inches. Larger or more than two pets require the property manager's approval. Please get in touch with the property for questions.
- Residence Inn by Marriott: Offer spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom suites. Every suite has plenty of space, with areas for eating, sleeping, and relaxing. You and your pup will find a home away from home when you stay at a Residence Inn during your next getaway! All Residence Inns welcome pets! However, each location determines its specific pet policies. Pet fees typically start at $75 per stay. Some Residence Inns impose pet weight limits and limit the number of pets allowed per room.
- Towneplace Suites: Settle in and spread out. They are often located in quiet neighborhoods with spacious suites, full kitchens, complimentary hot breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. TownePlace pet policies vary from property to property, including pet fees and weight limits.
- Staybridge Suites: Your pets are welcome! Pet-friendly Staybridge Suites provide you and your pet with an atmosphere that's as close to being in your own home as possible. Fully equipped kitchens, spacious rooms, complimentary breakfast, weekday social hour. Pet policy: Max Weight: 80 lbs with a non-refundable fee of $75 for 1 to 6 nights, or $150 for seven or more nights. Additional fees may apply if excessive cleaning or repair is required. Pet Policy Agreement must be signed when checking in. Vaccination Records upon request.
All hotel information is up-to-date as of August 2021. Please call each hotel when planning your trip, as pet-friendly rooms may not always be available. (This list is aggregated from the American Kennel Club and will likely be updated on their site if things change. https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/home-living/a-guide-to-dog-friendly-hotel-chains-in-the-united-states/
No comments posted.