Mailing Lists Bonus Tips
- Make a promotion schedule.
- Never stop looking for good names to add to your mailing list.
- Create FREE one-time webinars (seminars) and collect names and emails for your lists.
6 Ways to Build a Mailing List
- Get Publicity - try and find ways to promote your business on the radio, local papers, television, podcasts. Give out your website and email, and make sure it is easy to recall. Once people get to your website, make sure it is interesting to visit. Invite people to send in questions to which they will find answers.
- Find Reviewers - seek out magazines, websites dedicated to your product/service. Get emails, contact folks, and get their permission to add them to your list.
- Speak in Front of Groups - gather business cards and contact information from attendees and, with their permission, add them to your list.
- Hand Out Bookmarks or Flyers - invite people to visit your website by giving a good reason like helpful information and tips. Have a button to click on and sign up for your newsletter.
- Write a Letter to the Editor - add the contact information (with permission) to your mailing list.
- Offer to Write an Article or Column - think of all the places looking for information to share. Print, online, blogs, and anywhere else that makes sense.
Do you have a favorite mailing list marketing company? I like both MailChimp and Constant Contact. (I get nothing from sharing that, just a helpful tip.)